Located on Cliff Road there are 73 acres that used to be part of a 9-hole golf course, the first one established on the island in 1921. In those days the owners used over two hundred sheep and a few goats as groundskeepers for the course. The course was closed indefinitely in 1953. Following several transactions between 1976 and 1983, Sallie and Oswald Tupancy donated the property to the Nantucket Conservation Foundation and is now known as Tuppancy Links. The land now reaches from Cliff Road all the way to Nantucket sound.